This PowerPack extends the PowerGUI with a set of folders, nodes, links and actions that allow you to manage Hyper-V.
Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008
Remote Server Admin Tools (RSAT) with the Hyper-V Remote Management Update (only the Hyper-V remote management tools are required)
PowerGUI 1.8 RTM (220.127.116.115) or later
Quest AD cmdlets
Network PowerPack (a core PowerPack that comes with PowerGUI)
How to install:
1. If you want to be able to search AD for Hyper-V servers, download and install Quest ActiveRoles Management Shell for AD
2. Download the Hyper-V.powerpack file that is attached to this article.
3. Open the PowerGUI Admin Console.
4. In the PowerGUI Admin Console, select PowerPack Management from the File menu.
5. Click on the Import... button and import the Hyper-V.powerpack file that you downloaded in step 2.
6. Expand the root "Hyper-V" node.
7. Select the "Find Hyper-V Servers" to search Active Directory for Hyper-V servers or select the "Managed Hyper-V Servers" and use the "Add Connection" action to start adding the Hyper-V servers you want to manage with the Hyper-V PowerPack.
8. Once you have added Hyper-V servers that you will manage, use any of the subnodes of the managed Hyper-V server node to manage Hyper-V objects or the server itself.
How to upgrade:
1. Open the PowerGUI Admin Console.
2. In the PowerGUI Admin Console, select File | PowerPack Management.
3. Select the Hyper-V PowerPack and click on the Check for Update button. If there is an update available, follow the steps to update your PowerPack.
Subscribe to updates to the PowerPack Library if you want to be notified whenever a PowerPack is published or updated (includes documentation updates), or watch the Poshoholic blog for news.
• See this announcement on the Poshoholic blog for a list of key features.
• See this entry on the Poshoholic blog for a list of the custom functions that this PowerPack contains.
• Full feature list coming soon.
July 14, 2009
- Updated PowerPack file to new format with shared scripts.
- Improved performance by moving function libraries into shared scripts.
- Fixed defect preventing the retrieval of some data from remote Hyper-V servers in some scenarios.
- Fixed defects preventing snapshots from being deleted using the actions that were provided.
January 6, 2009
- upgraded PowerGUI requirement to 18.104.22.1684
- removed workarounds that are no longer necessary using PowerGUI 1.6 RTM
November 14, 2008
- fixed issue preventing default boolean values from properly showing up in Read-Input dialogs
- fixed last known connection-related issue that could occur if you removed all managed Hyper-V servers and then tried adding one again
November 12, 2008
- changed the scope of some functions to global so that they could be discovered by links and actions that need them
- fixed a few defects in the local user and group management functions
October 27, 2008
- fixed a few connection-related bugs that could occur when trying to add Hyper-V servers to manage
- improved the Find Hyper-V Servers node so that it remembers which domains you had configured it to search and so that it uses the built-in credential caching functions
- added "Search in other domains..." action to allow you to manually indicate when you want to search in other domains
October 22, 2008
- Initial release
Introduction to the Hyper-V PowerPack